Monday, June 4, 2012

day 4 of 30 days of creativity


day 3


I seem to be in the habit of wearing out the right knees of my jeans more than anywhere else.  I had planned on patching a pair of jeans and calling that my creativity for the day but my jeans were a little too well worn all over.  I ended up repurposing a leg of a pair of jeans into this tote and then lined it with some pretty fabric I had in the house.  This the first tote I've sewed.  Next time I make a tote, I'm planning on cutting the fabric into a rectangular shape (rather than leaving the portion of jeans in a bit of an odd angle as in this case since they were boot cut and that made it harder to work with).  I'll need to add some sort of fastener to the tote but for today I call as done as it's going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment