Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Austin's Gallery on Coronado & store update

Fantastic to see contest entries! I will accept entries until midnight Pacific Standard time tonight.

Today the kid & I went to Coronado Island to get away from the 95 degree heat in our neighborhood. It's always a beautiful ride, albeit a little scary going over the bridge to Coronado. It was a rather nice, though still hot. Many people were out enjoying the sun. I was thrilled to come across Austin's Gallery. I had heard about it before seeing it but really didn't know what to expect. It's this fantastic little gallery/artist co-op. Fantastic needle felted items, beautiful photography (one picture was of a hummingbird mid-flight & you could actually see the wings!), jewelry, purses...focus on handmade craft items. It was smaller but much cuter than I thought it would be & the person working there was very welcoming. I recommend a trip to Austin's Gallery if you're local or visiting the area. It's just off of the main drag by about 1/2 a block & really close to the famous Hotel Del Coronado. Check it out: http://www.austinsgallery.com/

I have a few new items over at The Whimsical Muse. Today I listed some gorgeous ivory braided gimp trim & some sweet white eyelet pattern heart favor tins! I have a number of items that I'm working on getting listed, so I should have a lot of new items in the shop this week. I'm expecting to receive some baker's twine in a few new colors by the end of the week & will list them as soon as possible. http://thewhimsicalmuse.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment